Random thoughts of a cluttered mind….
– When did my most frustrating moments become my inability to text a person as fast as I could say the same thing by calling? and…
– Why do I insist on texting them anyway?
– When I tested my kids on information they learned last year, Naomi’s comment was “Dad, my brain is getting too full.”
– Am I getting frustrated because it’s been a long year of school, or because I realize the kids are a year closer to leaving me and I’ve wasted countless chances to bond with them?
– (For teens only) How can you send 1000 texts in one month? Do you have some kind of training program? Is their a textathon somewhere my teenage son is preparing for?
– At what point did my favorite phrase become, “It’s not like I’m so much older than you, but…”
– The highlight of any man’s day is finding two matching socks on the first dig into the mismatch sock basket. (Admit it, you’ve got one too.)
– Proof that I should make the kids pay for stuff…
Marcus – “Name something in life that isn’t free.”
Naomi – “well, everything in my life is free b’cause my parents pay for everything.”
– The simpler a concept is, the more you have to explain it.
– The only time I miss childhood is when I’m witnessing someone wasting theirs.
– At this pace of life, I have to get to know myself everyday for fear I’ll forget who I am.
– What could God do with our lives if we weren’t in the way?
Looking unto the hills,