As 2012 approaches, it motivates many to look back at the previous year and produce lists and memorials of what they learned. I am no exception. In brief, here are a few things I can say I am thankful for in the past year.
- That my marriage is stronger than it was at the start of the year, despite challenges and obstacles, and that my wife and I have now been celebrating our love for 15 years.
- That our leap into the Classical model of education has been successful, and that my kids are continuing to grow and mature in their faith and self-awareness.
- That our long battle with selling the house came to an end, and we found a new place to call home.
- That my church family continued to provide real relationships, inspire new levels of faith, and challenge me to live up to the potential I was imbued with from my Father.
- That despite all that could have gone wrong, we are more inspired, more prepared, and more empowered to handle the challenges of 2012 because of the lessons of 2011.
I pray that you can look back on the past year and see more blessings than burdens, and look ahead to 2012 and see more possibilities than problems. 2011 was a tough year for many of us, and yet, we are still here, and He is still able.
Happy New Year!